Adakie.com Privacy Notice
Last updated: Nov 1, 2015
What Personal Information About Customers Does Adakie.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Adakie experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future services for you, improving our application, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Adakie.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Adakie.com on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Adakie or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Adakie.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide personalized features.
Does Adakie.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Adakie.com controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Adakie.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Adakie.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming a payment. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
Adakie.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Adakie.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Adakie.com features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages within Adakie.com. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
Notices and RevisionsIf you choose to visit Adakie.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice. If you have any concern about privacy at Adakie.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you provide information in Your Account; place an order through Adakie.com or one of our third-party sellers; and communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; and personal description and photograph in Your Profile.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Adakie.com include personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and preferences); payment settings (including credit card information); e-mail notification settings (including Product Update Alerts and newsletters); and Your Profile.